A Kitten, an Artist post thumbnail

I was born with artsy paws! The featured image on this article is my drawing of Eira Madyn, a former Chateau admin. I think I started drawing when I was only 4 years old and have always been known as an artist. This talent was a natural gift and got it from my father. It runs in the family as my uncles and aunts are also good at drawing. Looks like this skill is hereditary since it runs in my bloodline. I remember how when I was 7 years old and in first grade, I started selling my Sailor Moon and Anastasia drawings to my classmates — I guess I’ve always been an entrepreneur, too!

While I’ve always done drawings, it is unfortunate that I no longer have copies nor photos of my early creations. The earliest I could recover is this drawing when I was 12 years old. I sent it to kids magazine. If you are a fan of the anime, Naruto, then you know these two characters. I drew them for my sister — they were her favorite characters in Naruto!

Note that I had to blur out my signature on these drawings for protection as they have my legal names, although rest assured these drawings are all mine.

If you have kids and they have creations of art, I highly advise for you to keep them as memorabilia. I regret not keeping my old creations as it would’ve been nostalgic to see how my hands worked before.

Some of my drawings from 2012. It’s too bad I shot these images with my laptop’s webcam so they’re very low quality. And oh, I looked so different before! Haha. First drawing is of Nina Williams, the character I play most (and most skilled with) in the video game, Tekken. Below it is a simple self-portrait of mine. On the top right is a silhouette drawing of Jared Leto, taken from his band, 30 Seconds to Mars’ music video “Closer to the Edge”. I’m a huge fan of his since 2008 so I made a drawing of him. Last on this collage is a violin. My good friend plays the violin and that time, I was fond of him so I dedicated a drawing to him.

One of my first realistic drawings. I don’t really have a title for this, but maybe “The Kiss” for the lack of creative imagination! I was inspired by the song, “Daisy” by German DJ, Zedd.

The chorus goes, “Let me show you how a kiss should taste
Trust me, I won’t give your heart away
Why you running, running when you got it right here?
Oh, I would love you if you let me”

At that time, I very much liked a guy, however it was unrequited. He and I are still friends now though!

This is my drawing of Pamana (in English, “Heritage”), the Philippine eagle (our national animal) that was shot dead while newly roaming free in its natural habitat, the wild. How cruel can humans get sometimes, huh?

The Philippine eagle is named one of the largest, most powerful, and rarest species of eagle since its discovery. It is also now considered a “critically endangered” specie of bird.

Resources:
1. http://www.philippineeagle.org/biology
2. “Rare Philippine Eagle Shot Dead Three Years After Rescue”

A random kinky cat girl

I believe in not needing to conform to society. I drew this woman who is bald, defying society’s standards of beauty that women have to have long hair to look beautiful.

Now this one is a fan art I’ve made for the one and only, Isibella Karnstein!

It is very unfortunate, however, that I was never able to finish this drawing — I lost the piece! Maybe one day I’ll happen to draw her again.

This drawing is very significant. It was the day I got diagnosed of clinical depression. That time, I was having suicidal thoughts yet the 1% hope left in me dragged myself to the hospital to get checked by a psychiatrist. I was always the happiest person people knew as I sported a huge smiley face all the time. Apparently, I suffered from concealed depression since I was 8 years old, stemming from emotional abuse from my family.

This creation is memorable. It also was the beginning of my journey to healing.

A dramatic time of my life. I no longer have a decent photo of this piece, except for this, ha! This drawing was my birthday gift to my then boyfriend/Dom. It was the most realistic, and I would say the best drawing I have ever created — took me about 18 hours to complete!

He ripped it apart upon our final break up.

Another significant and important drawing of mine. During that time, I was newly released from the psychiatric ward after being confined for weeks to heal. I was then diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder type II with hypomania. I now have answers to why I’ve always felt like something was “wrong” with me.

On this piece, I’m depicting the two polars of the mood disorder. On the left shows myself when suffering a depressive state, meanwhile the other is myself when on a manic state. I very much enjoy my manic episodes because I’m incredibly productive and hyperactive during these times. Although it can get confusing sometimes since being manic sometimes gives false positivity so I get confused if I really do feel positive or it’s just my mania acting up. Regardless, I’ve learned to take advantage of this state when my brain is hyperactive. I work my ass off and get things done. I always got asked how I could function normally in spite having zero sleep for almost 48 hours. When attending parties and raves, I never took drugs and I rarely drink liqour as well, yet I’m often the most energetic person around. They’ve always asked me what’s my secret! When I found out I have bipolar disorder, I have understood why I always had this natural high.

I, sadly, do not have any more new creations since the previous one which I made in February 2018. Thing is, I am a “moody” artist. I need to be in the mood to be able to create something beautiful. The problem with me is I am also a perfectionist and when something is not what I can consider close to perfection, I get frustrated and hate on myself. I have not made any new drawing because I worry I would not achieve the quality I prefer. I know practice makes perfect, but currently I struggle about refraining from being hard on myself; I set incredibly high standards.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my art! I know many others here are artsy themselves, like how Isibella does these amazing paintings and drawings. I look forward to other kittens publishing their art here, too!

45 thoughts on “A Kitten, an Artist”

1. You’re a very talented artist, and it seems as though you always have been. You clearly show emotions and your growth in your art in such a beautiful way that a lot of people can relate to. You’re depression piece really reached out to me. I think a lot of us go through undiagnosed mental illness, and because we don’t have anything to compare it to, we don’t realize anything is wrong. Getting diagnosed with a correct diagnosis like you did with your Bipolar II and Hypomania is absolutely life changing. It’s such a relief to find out what’s going on and get the right treatment for it.

I’m sorry your ex ripped up your art. It is incredibly difficult to go through a break up, and even more so when somebody you loved and thought you could trust goes out of their way to hurt you. I bet you worked extremely hard on that art, and even though he can’t appreciate it, I’m glad that you made an article about it so that all of us can. It really is beautiful, and the fact that it’s ripped up honestly adds to the art. It adds a lot more meaning and heartbreak that isn’t shown in the original piece.

I hope your future endeavors bring you great happiness, whether that is continuing to do art or not.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thank you so much for the very kind words, kitten! ❤️ I like that you can appreciate and find beauty in something broken. You have such eyes that see things differently and I believe a lot of people should have these set of eyes.

1. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

Anne, I have posted some of my artwork on my Facebook under the album Artwork By Me

2. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

WOW! This is amazing work!!! First I want to say that seeing these drawings and creations are wonderful, You’re drawings and being creative is showing how you cope with what you struggle with. I do the same with music and dancing and drawing it is a great way to escape hard times<3 You have my support and care on what you do! You should be a professional artist holy wow what detail you create!

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thanks, kitten! ✨ I watch your dancing videos and you’re oh so cute. You have my support, as well. I hope to see your drawings, too!

1. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

I Paint Mostly Tree/Nature Like Things But I Will Have To Post And Update On What I Have Been Working On!

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Yes, please share your art to us! That would be amazing to see.

1. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

I Love Artwork Especially In Hard Times.. We Can Put A lot Of Emotions Into Our Canvas <3 It Is A Wonderful Way To Express And Cope With Mental Health. I Will Share With You Some Drawings/ Painting Ideas I Have In Mind They Can Sometimes Be Really Dark But I Can Add The Story To It.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

I believe there’s beauty in darkness! I hope you soon share your art to us through an article/scratching post <3

1. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

I’m working on it 🙂 Need to get some more paint but yes soon

2. Lustfulpet Lustfulpet says:

Wow! Anne you are so talented!! These are gorgeous!

3. Lunawhispurr Lunawhispurr says:

These are beautiful. As a fellow artist, I can relate to being a “moody” artist. I favor watercolor and have just recently developed my art style. As important as it is to have records of your progress, I keep most of my work put up bc if I look at any of it long enough I’ll want to burn it and quit art. It’s sad bc my art has grown soooo much and I love seeing my current work when I get to.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thank you, babe! ❤️ Being a moody artist can be a struggle. Sometimes I wanna create art but I just couldn’t. I’ve never tried watercolor, honestly, and I wish to see the art style you’ve developed!

4. DeviantMynx DeviantMynx says:

Holy amazeballs!! First of all, the writing in itself is a work of art if one were to really stand back and really take it all in and just “feel” it. There is raw emotion and vulnerability in what you shared. That, too, my friend is art. The pictures are just a graphic extension of the feelings you have at the moment. They are beautiful. But, you share your art since 2018 in so many more ways. In front of the camera, behind the camera with your editing, now on electronic paper. You are still that artist. Love you!!

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Says the eloquent writer! I’m honestly not yet satisfied with how I write, but I also have to remind myself that English is my second language and sometimes my vocabulary gets limited. Haha. I appreciate you so much, I just wish I could hug you right now, have some wine and have loads of chat with our favorite kitten gear on ILY

5. Kiurym Kiurym says:

Wow! You’re so good at drawing! I can be artsy at times….but I’m no good at drawing people~ I like to think that I’m more musically talented…I’ve been playing for the better part if 15 years! I’m no professional…but I do enjoy playing!

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Awww thank you! That’s where I’m not good at — music! Haha. I’ve had guitar and piano lessons growing up but to no avail! What do you play?

1. Kiurym Kiurym says:

I play cello! I do know “how” to play bass/viola/violin (I used to give lessons to youngings) …I’m not nearly as good at them! Cello is my favorite because it has those luscious low tones and doesn’t get too squeaky high~

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Oh, those instruments sound lovely! I hope you share your musical talents here through an article, or maybe a sexy photoshoot with your cello? That would be great to see!

1. Kiurym Kiurym says:

I have plans! When they’ll happen…who knows?! BUT I have plans! I’ve been practicing again (I’ve taken a break lately)…and ohhh boy am I out of practice! I’ve been practicing Tarantella (one of my favorite solos) and I hope to make a video of it to share with all of my wonderful sisters! <3

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Aaaah I look forward to that, really!!! <3 Recently, @lunawhispurr submitted a photoset with a violin and it looked very good! I like seeing my kitten sisters incorporating their arts to their modeling.

1. Kiurym Kiurym says:

Definitely gonna do it! Perhaps we could find a way to upload videos one day! But for now linking will do~

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Yea, unfortunately videos would be too heavy for the website to handle. 🙁

6. DrusilaV DrusilaV says:

Wow! You are incredibly talented. Such beautiful art and grace. I hope to be a quarter as good as you are. There is so much emotion in your work and the detail is just magnificent. I can’t wait to see more of it.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thanks, love! I’m sure you’re also excellent at something that I’d wish to be a quarter as good as you are. Is there any kind of art you enjoy?

1. DrusilaV DrusilaV says:

I like to paint with acrylics. Very novice. I crochet which is an art I guess. I used to write comic books. I would love to learn how to pottery.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

I highly suggest you share your art here, too! I’d love to see an article/Scratching Post about the different art forms you do. ✨

1. DrusilaV DrusilaV says:

Thank you! I might do that in the future. I’d love to continue to see more of your work.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Hopefully you will! I’m sure it will be a delight to see!

2. Erikarae Erikarae says:

Awe my heart. I had no idea you were a wonderful artist! You are so talented, Anne. If you ever do decide you’re comfortable enough to take commissions and sell your art I would love to have a creation of yours! I look forward to seeing more soon ❤️

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Awww, thanks so much for the support, girl crush! I appreciate it a lot. I’ve been getting inquiries for commissions but I just fear disappointing anyone if I fail to meet expectations since I really am a moody artist. 🙁

7. Toxic Toxic says:

Wow you are an amazing artist. Great work. I hope you are making and selling art cause you should :). I love seeing other peoples work. I myself can’t drawl lol.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thank you, kitten! I’m not yet selling art as I’m not confident about taking commissions due to being a moody artist. Although, if you consider photo editing as art, then yes I’m selling them. Is there any art that you do?

8. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

Your skill as an artist are amazing, just wow!!! I can definitely relate to you with being a moody artist as drawing was my outlet since I was a preteen but I definitely have to be in the mood to do it now of days. I used to loveeee to draw Anime cat girls or turn my favorite Manga characters into cat girls =^_^= which is how I think I started my love for the amazing kitten world. Thank you so much for sharing this with us as I know this must have been hard to write <3 but if you are anything like me then u are not drawing cuz ur happy and thats awesome!

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thanks, babe! ❤️ I’d be happy to see your creations, as well! Esp if you turn them into cat girls hahaha.

1. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

You are so welcome =^_^=! I will definitely have to share some of my cat girls with you sometime.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

I look forward to that! I always love cat girl stuff! Haha.

9. Dang, these are great. What a shame that you’ve lost some art. I know the feeling. There is always the chance to add more, though!

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

Thanks so much! 🙂 I’m trying to get the motivation to make new art soon!

1. It can be hard, but Pablo Picasso said, “Inspiration exists, but it must find you working.” I used it in an art piece of mine.

1. Anne MiYu Anne MiYu says:

I’m starting to gather the motivation! I’ve just found a reference I’d like to draw… now, to have the will to do it… Hahaha.