Club AntiChrist – Industrial, Fetish, Gothic, MAYHEM post thumbnail

Club overview and my 1st time

Club AntiChrist (AC) is one of my favourite nights out in the capital. I can still remember my 1st time attending. I was 19 years old and unfortunately my circle of friends at the time had no interest in visiting any clubs that had a semblance of an alternative or kink crowd. I bought a single ticket as a gift to myself for my upcoming 20th Birthday and headed into London full of excitement. The last few days had been spent making myself a mini top had adorned with a rosary, lace and faux crow skull, plus gluing lots of pearls to a bra; just for this event. Back then I was used to having to indulge my interests alone and would also attend the Bizarre Ball without company. The event was AntiChrist’s Steampunk special, March 9th, 2012. Fortunately, around this time, the organisers of AC also ran a social media site called ‘The Alterium’ for people who belonged to any alternative scene. I made a profile and had been chatting to people who already frequented AC, so whilst finding my way around the venue I found people that I recognised. Approaching these familiar faces without hesitation, I walked over to introduce myself and they kindly allowed me to hang on to their coattails for the evening. I am still in touch with members of the website to this day.

The event is usually held bimonthly or every 3 months and it is so worth the wait! The organisers of AC have struck the perfect balance between a dance club and fetish party. With so much to do at the club there is something for everyone whether you just want to dance, enjoy live music, enjoy the dungeon equipment or see incredible acts. There is a huge assortment of entertainment!  I have seen some exciting and memorable performances such as band Zeitgeist Zero, Satan’s strip show, pole dancers, live body suspensions, cabaret, Fetish acts and so much more. Antichrist’s atmosphere is always buzzing as the club draws in a varied and interesting crowd.  Each event will have a theme set that you can dress to, however it is not mandatory; past themes have included medical fetish, Steampunk and of course Vampiric attire at their Vampire Balls.

Club dress code

AC strictly enforces an alternative dress code.  Any casual clothing, street wear, denim, business suits and trainers are not allowed. If you would like to wear a suit then you can go for rubber, Steampunk, Vampire etc. The rule is ‘no effort, no entry’. Almost anything is welcome as long as it is alternative, from Goth, Punk, Lolita, Rubber, PVC and other Fetish wear- the possibilities are endless and you can get very creative with your outfit. For me, one of my favourite things about AC is admiring other people’s garments. I have seen everything from chainmail and armour through to full latex catsuits, extravagant period gowns or very skimpy lingerie. Nudity is allowed, however some effort must still be made, such as body paint for example. Weapons of any kind whether real, replica or cosplay are not allowed. The club does allow military uniforms, however will not accept any Nazi uniforms, insignia, badges or accessories of any kind.

Rooms & Music

Dance rooms: There are three main rooms, each of which plays certain genres of music. If like me, you cannot dance; never fear because everyone just lets loose. You will catch me in any of the 3 rooms with my hands in the air; way above my head…it’s basically me flailing but nobody stares, laughs or gives me a hard time for my lack of moves. Of the three rooms, my favourite is the Hellfire room by far as I am a fan of Industrial…even if I will never learn how to dance to it .

• The Hellfire Room: Goth/Alt, 80’s, Post Punk and Industrial Metal
  • Pure Fucking Industrial (The PFI Room): Techno Body Music (TBM), Futurepop and Dark Electro
  • The Hole: Metal and Hard Dance

The Theatre of Sin: This is where all of the performances and live music happens. Be sure to check the performance times and get to the room early as you’ll find yourself watching from the back if you wait too long. The performers are always spectacular and the room can get full very fast.

The Dungeon: This room is exactly as it sounds, a play area filled with dungeon equipment and a viewing area for those who prefer to be a voyeur. The house Domme and dungeon monitors are always on hand and you will find Dungeon specific rules posted on the walls- be sure to read them even if entering just to watch.

Facilities: As you would expect, there are always bathrooms, a smoking area and bars at both venues (AC is currently held at 2 venues, more info below). There is usually also hot food available to- the burgers at Electrowerkz are cooked on an indoor BBQ and are some of the best that you will ever try. Fries and Veggie options are also available.

Club rules

The club staff and security do a very good job of enforcing the rules and keeping patrons safe, I have taken the below directly from their website in order to avoid misrepresenting any rules:

• No cameras. Official photographers will wear press badges.
  • AntiChrist and their hired venues have a strict no drugs policy.
  • No (solo) masturbation. If you are caught doing this, you will be ejected from the club with no refund. It is not consensual.
  • No food or drink to be brought into the venue- this is a venue rule.
  • Non-consensual activity is never OK at AC, it will get you thrown out or barred for life. (e.g touching someone without being asked/given consent).
  • If you experience any issues at the club then simply approach a member of staff for assistance.

The Venues

Fire: One of London’s leading event venues situated under Vauxhall Railways arches. There are bars both indoors and outside, a series of large rooms, plus lots of outside seating which is heated and sheltered. Fire is most definitely geared towards a party crowd.

Accessibility: At this venue most of the ground floor is wheelchair accessible, however there is 1 bar, much of the outdoor seating and the dungeon area that are not wheelchair friendly. Unfortunately there is no accessible toilet at this venue.

Location: 39 Parry Street, Vauxhall, SW8 1RT

Electrowerkz: Also known as Islington Metal works; this is a 3 story venue with a lot of character. This building is primarily used as a wedding venue, however is also known for hosting gigs and some of London’s leading alternative night life, such as AC and Slimelight. The aesthetics of this venue contribute to the atmosphere with a very industrial feel- there is a lot of bare brickwork, exposed pipes and even cobbles on the ground floor (be careful with heels here!) Electrowerkz is a late 19th century, Victorian building, and was initially used to house transport horses, however was later converted into a metal works. The ground floor bar is an old London underground train carriage.

Accessibility:  The ground floor of Electrowerkz is accessible by wheelchair; however there are no lifts or ramps up to levels 2 and 3. Wheelchair users will have access to the Dungeon, the Hellfire room, the cobbled seating area, the indoor BBQ, the carriage bar and the outdoor smoking area. If you are a wheelchair user and would like to attend AC at this venue, the organisers will offer you a free ticket in way of apology for not being able to access the performances and dance rooms on the other floors.

Location: 7 Torrens Street, The Angel, London, EC1V 1NQ

Upcoming Dates

• Fri June 26th – AntiChrist’s 15th Birthday Party
  • Friday August 28th – Vampire Ball
  • Friday October 28th – Halloween Party
  • Saturday January 2nd – Not NyeParty

Event tickets can be purchased via the website or at the door on the night.

Downright deviant and gloriously goth” – The Guardian

Surely the most sinful way to spend your weekend” – Time Out

Colourful, vibrant and accessible” – Skin Two magazine

Instagram & Twitter  @clubantichrist

DISCLAIMER: This event is not directly associated with nor an official event by The Chateau.

50 thoughts on “Club AntiChrist – Industrial, Fetish, Gothic, MAYHEM”

1. Erikarae Erikarae says:

Wow this has me really really wishing I was a UK kitten instead!! Sounds epic omg

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

That is so funny to me because I am in a uk group chat and we all say how we want to be there for the DVB and NOLA !

1. Erikarae Erikarae says:

Maybe it’s the differences! I’m used to the US and our events, I’m really curious about the UK stuff still lol I think because it’s new to me. Nothing beats the magic of New Orleans every year though

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

It would be very interesting for us to do something like exchange trips. Do u remember tht show switched? I think it’d be a really interesting look into eachothers cultures and lives

1. Erikarae Erikarae says:

Yeah absolutely! I do actually lol. That would definitely be an interesting experience. Probably lots of fun tbh, I’d be down to do something like that @VioletNeko

2. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

Deffo have a Google of Torture Garden, I’ve not yet had the chance to go, something always comes up but I’ll make it there eventually

1. Erikarae Erikarae says:

Oooo okay now that sounds super cool!

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

It’s deffo a fun night out to say the least x

2. DeviantMynx DeviantMynx says:

@VioletNeko. If I come to London, can we go?? This sounds exactly up my alley! I squealed with such giddiness while reading this. I absolutely love events/and places like this. How did you get into my closet?? LOL…LOVE the article. The outfits that you wore are absolutely divine. Thank you for sharing your world with us.

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

Based on the little I know about you, I reckon torture garden might be more up your alley ? I know they hold events in NY. My geography sucks so I might be suggesting an event miles and miles away- or perhaps you have already been

1. DeviantMynx DeviantMynx says:

@violetneko, while I continue to read, watch, and listen to the great list of resources, I am hoping this recommended location that I will look up is a fun location.

1. DeviantMynx DeviantMynx says:

I may have to come to the UK for a kitten meet-up and clan galavanting. We could call it a kitten exchange program 🙂 You come come here and we host you and take you to all of the fun, crazy, decadent places, events and vice versa.

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

A kitten exchange program would be AMAZING . I would love to show you ll to the best spots and I am sure the other UK ladies would be equally as enthusiastic

1. DeviantMynx DeviantMynx says:

It’d be great if we could arrange a group to do it at the same time for like a week or two and then all of you come over here, I’d suggest Colorado and then we could all play host and have you stay with different one of us and I would suggest like summer time so we can take you to the best events – Ren Faire, different parties, restaurants. I would be so down to volunteering to play hostess to you if you’d like. Not sure when the best time of year is to come visit there. I am really thinking we could plan this out and make this a reality for like 2022!

3. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

Ohh wow this event sounds awesome!!! I wish I could visit the UK!

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

I am always saying the same about US events 😛 x esp when I see all the chateau ladies having a great time together

1. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

Awwww well if you ever wana visit my area you are always welcome to visit ☺ its actually funny cuz I know one of the girls in the second pic that you have on here.

I’d love that!, ha, small world <3

1. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

Yayyy! And it really really is!

2. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

I will have to let ya know when I move back to FL as we have the coolest goth fetish club in FL.

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

oooh! Now I am imagining the perfect getaway…warm, sandy beaches by day, drinks in the evening, club by night!

1. Toxsuki Toxsuki says:

literally all the yes! I will have a few beaches you can choose from as well!

4. Kiurym Kiurym says:

My partner has told be about this and all goes often! I definitely want to go sometime!

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

I wonder if I will recognise him? I have a mental list of regulars that I try to spot just because I remember their faces. When you come and visit him you should deffo ! <3

1. Kiurym Kiurym says:

Perhaps! I’ll tell him to look for you next time <3 (if I'm not gonna be there myself haha)

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

I’m rather chatty so I’d be happy to meet him x would be an extra bonus if you were there too! <3

5. Lunawhispurr Lunawhispurr says:

This place sounds like a dream! You have to be in select cities to find this stuff in America :(. I’m glad you have a place to feel free and have fun.

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

It is a pain in the butt that I have to travel into London for it but it is a great time. There is a lot here but all in the capital– that I know of anyway. All the other places that I know of are northern and I am closer to the south coast

6. Sounds puurrrfect for a Vampur. I wish I could go to London just to attend one of these events.

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

They have a vampire ball every year too…. So it would indeed be perfect ❤️

2. Love that. I would seriously love to go to a vampire ball all over the world.(wherever they’re being thrown.

7. This sounds super fun!! I wish there was one in the U.S.

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

Do tou have anything along this kind of vein in ur area or within traveling distance? I’m interested to know what everyone else has got x

8. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

I’ve heard of this place! I’ve also heard some crazy stories

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

I need tk know the storys, now that you’ve said that

1. Darkcrystal Darkcrystal says:

I will have to send you a private message:)

9. says:

Funny thing I know the girl on the left in your main photo she is from Tampa/Orlando I forget her stage name something mechanism or whatever she is really wonderful <3 anyways great article!

1. VioletNeko VioletNeko says:

I’ve troedntknfindnhwr name but I can’t, I’d love to know who she is. Thank you Alandra